Monday, September 23, 2013

What I Have Been Up To

 The months seem to get busier and busier. I am not going to give up my blog, I love it. I just don't seem to have time to be a frequent poster. My daughter is in second grade now and involved in all kinds of fun things. She just started Brownies on Saturday. Next week she is going to be participating in a dance camp and then they will perform at half-time at the JV football game. Sounds like fun to me. I may be clumsy now, but I was a cheerleader back in the day and I loved it. I hope she has fun.
 I usually make blankets for the babies I take care of for Christmas or their birthdays. In Iowa they can't have blankets, or anything with them in their cribs until they are one. Last year I made all four of my kids blankets. I have started on them already for this Christmas.
This one is finished. Just a simple granny stripe. It was fun to make.
I am loving this one. It is from this pattern. I am going to try to make it into a rectangle though. If I am successful I will share how. I have a few more to make, but I haven't started on them yet.
 I finished this scarf last week. We did it in our group, Everything Zen, on Ravelry.
We also just started a new CAL in our group, making slippers. I haven't started stitching yet. Come join us, it will be fun. :)



8 comments:

  1. Hi Kashi! Everything you're making looks very nice. It's great to see a new post, I hope you and your family are well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so nice to make blankets for the little ones you care for. I love the diagonal pattern, too. Good to see you post. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blankets and scarf look very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're keeping your blog up, it's better to be less frequent than to feel pressured and then stop. I didn't know babies weren't allowed blankets til they were one, is this just something in nurseries?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a Dhs rule in Iowa for babies in daycare nurseries. They recommend that at home too, to help try to prevent SIDS.

      Delete
  5. I love your blankets and the scarf is so pretty. Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that scarf! My mom gave me my brownie hat and tie when I visited her this summer. I already had my Brownie pin in the School Days book that she gave me years ago. When the kids are little, there is much to do. I ran around with my boys and baseball for 10 years. Now one is in college and the other is a 10th grader who doesn't much need his mama anymore, except for food. :) The baby blankets are very pretty. Love making a granny stripe. Best wishes for a great week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely makes Kashi! I've popped into Ravelry to have a look at the pattern for the rectangle throw you are going to make and I think it would be ideal for a throw I want to make for my sister for Christmas. I'll be popping back in to see how you are doing with yours although the pattern does look pretty straight forward.

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete